General Office Policies for Columbia Vision Center
* Eye examinations may be billed through vision insurance or your medical insurance. If your exam reveals a medical diagnosis like cataracts or dry eye syndrome, it is more appropriate to bill your medical insurance for the exam. You are only responsible for your copay and " special testing " not covered by your insurance. We will inform you of any " special tests " beforehand.
* If your insurance requires a referral from your primary care provider, you are responsible for securing this. If a referral is not obtained, you are financially responsible for the office visit charges.
* To avoid a cancellation fee, please give 24 hours notice so that we can accommodate other patients. The no-show fee is $50 for all appointment types.
* New glasses can take up to a month to get adapt to. If you are having a problem, please let us know no later than 4 weeks after you pick up your glasses so we can recheck your prescription. After this time, additional charges for the visit and remaking the glasses may apply. There are no refunds for custom prescription lenses, however, your lenses have a warranty. If you cannot adapt to the prescription lenses, we offer a 1-time change to another type of lens within 60 days. A complimentary prescription check by the doctor may be needed.
* If you change your mind regarding the frame you select after your custom lenses have been ordered for that frame, you can select a different frame under the following conditions: you are responsible for the difference in the new and old frame price. However, no refund will be given. Also, there is a $100 fee for the cost of your new custom progressive, bifocal, or trifocal lenses or there is a $50 fee for the cost of your new custom single vision lenses.
* Our frames and lenses have a one year warranty against defects (some sale frames do not have a warranty). There is a $20 shipping and handling fee for each frame/part or pair of lenses, if needed. All sale frames are final sale. Clearance frames have no warranty. The return policy for non-prescription sunglasses, over-the-counter readers, and other optical accessories is 7 days for refund or exchange and must be in new condition.
* Please turn cell phones off during the eye exam.
Thank you so much for your understanding!