COVID PROTOCOL FOR COLUMBIA VISION CENTER
We remain dedicated to ensuring that our clinic is safe and comfortable for our patients.
To that end, we will continue COVID sanitation and safety protocols to keep staff and patients healthy.
● Modified schedule – we are spacing out exams and monitoring the number of patients in the office at any given time.
● Masks – Masks are optional for all patients, visitors, and staff.
● Air purifiers are used in the office.
● Increased clinic safety and sanitation procedures – in response to COVID-19, our clinic is increasing our already rigorous safety and sanitation procedures. All frames are disinfected after each try-on.
● Increased building safety and sanitation procedures – Our building is also working hard to ensure visitor safety, including frequent cleaning of high-touch surfaces and ample hand sanitizer located near the elevators, entrances, and bathrooms.
BEFORE COMING INTO THE OFFICE, PLEASE READ.
For the health and safety of all, please evaluate your current health before coming to our office. Please wear a face covering while in our office. We may ask that you wait OUTSIDE the office if the office becomes too crowded.
Do you have a fever, cough, difficulty breathing, or feel ill?
Have you experienced a noticeable decline in your sense of smell or taste?
Have you or any household member had a positive COVID-19 diagnosis or are awaiting
test results for COVID-19?
Have you or any household member been in contact with a suspected case of COVID or traveled outside the US in the last 14 days?
If any of the above apply, please call us at 206-382-6682 to so that we can better help you. We are following recommended guidelines and using our best practices to provide a safe environment for your eyecare. Thank you!